Friday 13 March 2020

Happy March!


Well, it seems I owe you two birthday posts and a whole lot of updates!

It’s definitely time we caught up. 

So where do I begin?

I think I’ll just show you the album and talk as we go...




So this is when Jacinta started school last year in January. She goes to a mainstream school and is in a regular class with funding for aides 75% of the time. The school funds the other 25% while she gets toileting sorted and until she stops running off. These things are improving all the time. 


This is when she graduated from Kindergarten in December 2018.(That’s preschool here.) 

This is when something hilarious was going on.  Hilarious things are often going on. 

This is after her tonsil, adenoid & grommet surgery in late 2019. Note correct use of cutlery.
We love correct use of cutlery!

This is yesterday. Wobbly tooth. Number 6 I think...
(3rd child,  not paying attention)

Still hilarious

Trip to Sydney last July took us to Mme Tussaud’s. J did loads of these photos.  Loved it.

First ballet concert! October 2018.
Jacinta has a love-hate relationship with ballet. As speech improves we’re continuing to troubleshoot  being part of the group and joining in, despite the enthusiasm we have right up until entering the room. I’m pretty certain it will be ‘that was because the room was too cold’ or something daft like that when we talk about it in 5 years’ time. 


7th Birthday! After a lovely birthday play date with her best kinder friend Millie. 

First excursion in 2018. This was a trip to The Very Hungry Caterpillar stage show and we went on the bus,
which was a big adventure.

In Sydney at the tower they used to call Centrepoint. Note the doggy backpack with a leash - I swore I wouldn’t go there, but we didn’t bring the pram to Sydney and I just couldn’t carry her everywhere. Honesty though, it has been a useful tool in discipline with regard to running off. I figure I’d get much more dirty looks if I let her run on the road and get squashed than I do having her on the doggy backpack.  Whatever. 

Jacinta was a flower girl for her Aunty and Uncle’s wedding  in November 2018. That was loads of fun. 

Someone will be blogging soon! This was from last year. 

We’ve had so many milestones. Lost teeth, dry days at school, 100 days of school, whole year at school, student of the week, birthdays etc.
First haircut....
This is the after shot.

School has been an interesting learning curve for everyone involved. He prep teacher was pleasantly surprised when she smashed most of the goals of her 6-month individual learning plan. We obviously know she’s intelligent but had no idea how learning in a noisy fast-paced group environment would go. She’s going along ok. She’s learned all her golden, red and nearly blue reading words (wizard words, google if necessary) so she can read basic readers pretty easily. I predict she’ll be reading this blog in a couple of years. Might have to go back and review what I’ve written.....

Maths is an interesting challenge, being a very abstract subject. We don’t talk about abstract much since it relies on more developed communication than we have got here. Thankfully the talking is coming along since the grommet surgery. 

Therapy has taken a backseat since I went back to full-time work. I have to work out getting her there, but might get the therapists to come to us instead. Life is very, very busy. 

So right now, it’s very like having a NT school child, but also having a 2-3 year old in some regards. I   suppose that it’s like having two children and will be until those skills are learned. As with all children, my job is to do myself out of a job. We’re definitely working on it! Jacinta included. 

Throwback for cuteness!
This was 2014 during leukaemia.
Glad that’s over!

No comments:

Post a Comment